How to Apply
Completing the online application is the first step to becoming a Dell Scholar. Once submitted, all applications will be assessed, and a group of Dell Scholar Semifinalists will be selected. Semifinalists are asked to submit a current copy of their high school transcript, a complete Student Aid Report (SAR) from their FAFSA, and an online recommendation. After the semifinalist information is submitted, all information is reviewed by an independent selection committee.
The Dell Scholars Program Class of 2017
The application process is closed. Scholars will be announced on April 10, 2017.
- November 1, 2016 — Application opens
- January 15, 2017 — Application deadline
- February 1, 2017 — Semifinalists announced
- March 10, 2017 — Semifinalist materials deadline
- April 10, 2017 — Dell Scholars announced
The application will ask about the following:
- The different responsibilities you have in addition to school at both work and home
- You will be able to describe your life at home, tell us about your family, your greatest challenges and adversities, how you overcame them, and why you have the determination to succeed
- Information about your classes, your college readiness program experience, and future plans for college
- Information on your level of financial need
- We don’t focus on just your grades/test scores but how you have prepared yourself for college
- We don’t ask for a laundry list of activities and club involvement
- We do ask for a drive to push yourself to earn a bachelor’s degree
Sample Application Questions
If you would like a preview of the questions that the application will contain, take a look at this blank application. Please note that this is a sample application and is being provided for informational purposes only. Do not print this sample application nor submit it to the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation by fax/mail/email, as it will not be considered. The official Dell Scholars Application can only be found at this web site and must be submitted on-line during the specified application period.