Dell Scholars is a scholarship and college-completion program that nurtures and empowers students on their path to a college degree. The Michael & Susan Dell Foundation started the program in 2004 to support low-income, first-generation students on their journey to college graduation. The program provides scholars with resources and mentoring beyond initial financial assistance to ensure they have the support they need to earn a degree.
- Students who receive adequate support to navigate the barriers to college success will complete their degrees.
- Students who challenge themselves academically can succeed in college, even if they don’t stand out based on traditional evaluation criteria like GPAs, test scores, and extracurricular activities.
- Deep, one-to-one relationships with students are at the core of our model.
- Data drives our decisions. Technology enables our work.
- Our culturally diverse staff creates meaningful connections with our scholars, allowing us to provide support and/or direct them to additional resources.
- Student peers play a critical role in advising and mentoring our scholars.
- Success requires constant review, adaption, and evolution to meet our scholars where they are.
Dell Scholars offers personalized, multifaceted support to our students.
It begins the day they’re accepted into the program, and our support is constant until they leave campus with a degree in hand. More than Dollars for Scholars: The Impact of Dell Scholars on College Access, Persistence, and Degree Attainment (Page, Castleman, Sahadewo, 2016) finds that Dell Scholars are 25 percent more likely to earn their bachelor’s degrees within four to six years of high school graduation compared to students of similar socioeconomic backgrounds.
Check out the links below where many of the most commonly asked questions are addressed.
- Review application criteria for the Dell Scholars program scholarship
- Apply for a scholarship from Dell Scholars
- Read our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
If you’re applying for a scholarship and don’t find the answer to your question in the links above, you can reach us at:
Phone: 1-800-294-2039. Phone lines are open Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Central Time (CT).
For media or press inquiries please email us at email@example.com.
Due to the proliferation of spam and junk mail we kindly request that all emails relate to Dell Scholars. Please do not send attachments; they will not be opened.